Help Level 8: New Super Mario Brothers : DS

Discussion in 'Games' started by Frisco, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Frisco macrumors 68020

I am so :confused:

I can't make the final jump off the rope onto the platform in World 8 - The big castle to fight Bowser J.R and Skeloton Bowser.

I can't even come close to landing. I think there is a hidden button to make the movable platform come out, but I can't find it.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Hmm, don't remember having any trouble there, I'll have to dig it out and take a look. Are you swinging from the very bottom of the rope?

3. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

I tried from a few different positions on the rope. The platform from the rope seems so far away I miss it bye a mile.

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

5. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

Sky Blue,

Thanks for the video! Yeah that seems to be farther along than I got. Maybe a different castle, or further along in the one I am in. I thought I was at the end--I guess not.

I wish I could explain further where I am at: it's the castle right after 8-4.

I'll keep playing with it.

6. Avenger23 macrumors regular

Avenger23

I don't remember how to get past that part since I don't have my SMB game with me... :( but I'll look at my strategy guide when I get back from school this afternoon I'll post another reply. :)

7. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I just ran through that level so I could see if I could help.

What I did was just quickly run on those 3 rotating rectangles and made the jump to the rope running. Once I got on the rope I immediately jumped off of it and made it on the platform with plenty of room to spare. Sorry if it sounds confusing, it's hard to describe.

EDIT: To make my post seem a whole lot simpler; all I did was keep running the whole way after the rotating triangles and didn't stop.

8. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks! That's actually a big help! At least I know it's my running/jumping technique that I need to work on and there's nothing hidden I need to find.

Thanks for the help!

9. Avenger23 macrumors regular

Avenger23

Thanks for letting him know Frisco! I just got home from class and I was looking through my guide. Then I logged on and read that you found the solution. :)

Avenger23

Edit: Sorry it5Five, I didn't realize that I got the names mixed up...

10. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

11. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

Well I finally did it! I made the long jump. Honestly I was about to give up. I beat the dragon and moved onto World 8-5. Now I am at 8-6.

Sky Blue. The YouTube video link you posted starts at 8-5, which helped me there.

Thanks again!