Help Mac Bottom Plate

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 61403, May 6, 2006.

1. 61403 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I own a PowerBook G4 12-Inch latop which I dropped. While the machine works fine, I need a new bottom plate installed. What happened is that I dropped the computer on its side and the metal around the power cord slot and the other ports sort of "bowed" out and now, as a result, the power cord will not stay in.

Where can I get a part like this and if I can get one, are they easy to replace? How much do they cost? I need use of the computer and Apple quoted me over $600 to make this repair which is way above what I can pay right now. I would like to do it myself. It seems like I could just unscew the plate and attach a new one but I may be wrong. Not sure what to do and came here hoping I could get some advice. Any help anyone could provide would be a very big help.

2. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

I don't have any experience with a problem like this, but if I were you, I would look on eBay for a cheap parts computer. They seem to be plentiful. Then I would google for a demonstration of taking a powerbook apart, which also are common if I remember correctly.