HELP! Magsafe just died.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by diametric, Dec 23, 2006.

1. diametric macrumors regular

diametric

So I left my comp on in the morning, set to make display sleep after one minute, do not let computer sleep. With magsafe connected. I just arrived home from work and my magsafe light was not flashing, I checked the electric port it was connected to. Was connected. Then checked the magsage adapter, everything was connected. And now I've just changed the wall connector it was connected and still nothing, however, everything else on that cable (it's a multi-connector) work so it can't have anything to do with the wires and etc.

So, I think my magsafe died. I have an hours worth of battery life left and Christmas and Boxing day are tommorrow and the day after, so everywhere is closed including my Apple reseller.

What the heck am I going to do?

2. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Live without your precious laptop for a couple days???? Seriously...try it, you might like it.

3. diametric thread starter macrumors regular

diametric

Wow, such a wonderful and helpful reply. I believe you've found the secret.

/sarcasm.

Please, I don't mean to be rude.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Call Apple. They'll probably have you cross-ship, and you'll have it the next day (excepting Christmas, and possibly Boxing Day, depending on the shipping company they use in your country). Of course, it might not be the power brick...

5. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

If you had had a location in your profile you may have got some offers. :cool:

6. NJuul macrumors 6502

You are of course certain that it's not just the light-diode on your macsafe cable that has stopped working...

7. diametric thread starter macrumors regular

diametric

Well, I seem to of shocked my Magsafe back to life, it electrocuted when I connected one last time.

And yes, before I was sure it was not just my diode.

But, now it is. After about half an hour my green light dies out, however, the menu bar still reads 'Charged' and when I unplug and plug it back it in, the diode continues to work.

This is incredibly troublesome.

I'll have the Apple rep. at my reseller check it out on Wednesday.

8. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Start a thread on MacRumors about it in hopes that somehow jesus will grant you christmas wish and fix your laptop?

Hey it sucks if somethings wrong with your comp, but honestly it's christmas, go have a drink or something and relax.