Help! Mail is acting like a Micro$oft Application!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Invizzible, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Invizzible macrumors regular

Every once in a while, Mail will suddenly pop open a window asking me to type in the password for my accounts. I have no idea why it does this because I've never changed the password. Also, I use Mail every day but it only happens...oh, maybe once every two months...then again in 5 weeks...etc...

The really annoying thing about this is that last time it happened I just closed the window w/out typing in the password, and it acted as if everything was ok but then I stopped getting emails. A few days later I realized that my accounts were greyed out because Mail had taken them 'offline'.

Does anyone know how to stop Mail from occasionally doing this?

2. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

This happens to me every now and then too, and I can really think of is that's it's just the server's downtime. (Since it seems to happen early in the morning and late at night.)

3. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

i get the same problem, i ignore the password request (cancel) and the use the "go online" button, and that usualy works. (add it from the custom toobar)

4. johnnowak macrumors 6502

It's not mail's fault.. just the server not responding once, so next time it has to reask your password just in case.