Help me choose a color For my TheMouseBT order?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by starcrossed, Oct 1, 2004.

1. starcrossed macrumors regular

I just noticed that MacMice is now finally shipping their MouseBT, which is good news for me as I've been waiting for it to be released. Now before I place my order I must decide just what color mouse to get, that would go good with my Powerbook. If anyone also has pictures of a white and alluminum mouse next to their Powerbook that would be greatly appreciated.

2. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

get the purple one.

3. dotnina macrumors 6502a

I've seen the non-BT version of this mouse in both silver and white, placed next to a Powerbook. I thought the silver was a little too dark to match the Powerbook exactly, and I just don't like the idea of white mouse + silver computer ... looks awkward.

If all you'll have is a Powerbook + mouse (ie, no speakers, other things), I'd definetely go for the white. White matches the AC adapter ... it'll be a clean look. If you're like me, though, and you have silver / black accessories, I'd go for the silver mouse.

4. starcrossed thread starter macrumors regular

Hah, that would be cool. Yeah, I was leaning a little towards the white with the basis of it would be just too much of the alluminum color. And the white would go with the power cord, backlight keyboard, and Apple logo on the back. Hah, look at me, its like Queer Eye for the Computer Guy! :eek:

5. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

I have a PB and I'm going to get the white one. My main reason is that it looks most like the Apple Pro Mouse which is very classy. I haven't seen any pictures of the AL mouse with a PB yet either and would be interested in seeing some pics myself.

JOD8FY

6. the_nole macrumors newbie

.... you beat me too it :(

7. Whigga Spitta macrumors 6502

I had the Aluminum colored original The Mouse and it looked good, and being the aesthetics freak I am (I've got a 15" PB, Lacie Porsche HD, Klipsch GMX-A 2.1's, Bose Quiet Comforts, and an MX900), I say I approve. The only word of advice I have is that MacMice are very sensitives to clicks if you don't press really far up-- as in past the scroll wheel. That's why I decided to go the MX900 route...

8. scgf macrumors member

I have a Macmice BT Mouse in white and I love it. I am not sure what you mean about sensitive clicks. I can click each 'button' from the tip all the way back past where the groove starts and the clicks are accurate (ie. right side of mouse shell = right mouse button click on screen). Absoluely no problem at all.

9. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

Glad to hear the good news. I'm planning on ordering one soon. No problems with it?

JOD8FY

10. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

No problem for me then. I've only met two people with hands/fingers longer than mine :D

I just wish they would make it available in black :(

11. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

This new mouse is HORRIBLE. I waited too but wish I hadn't. It was all hype and is a total waste of money. Your best bet is to nor get one at all.

12. KevRC4130 macrumors 6502

When/if (still debating this or one of the Logitechs) I'm probably going white. It is more like the OEM Apple one, and plus it'll match the adapter, my iPod and monitor, etc. I just dont think a silver mouse would look good, I feel like there's a reason Apple only makes a white one.

13. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

As people start buying this mouse, I'm sure many of us would appreciate hearing what you think about it once you've used it for a while. I am thinking about getting one, but I don't don't have the cash right now.

14. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Thanks for nailing down the reason you don't like it. Seriously, if you're gonna trash it, give us the reason. :rolleyes: