Help Me :D Airport Extreme ...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mac-Addict, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Help! I got the airport extreme base and bt voyager I know bt uses PPPoA or whatever it is and airport uses static or PPPoE, but I was told by a member on here it wouldnt matter. I set up my airport and configured everything, plugged it all in I got full signal but every time I try to connected to the internet its always says Negotiating PPPoE in the top right bar. Help :(

2. wizzerandchips macrumors 6502

got mine today, and all I get is the amber light flashing. begining to piss me off, been at it 2 hours. it says it should only take 5 minutes to set up.:confused: :mad:

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

wizzerandchips, why don't you use the AirPort Utility to see exactly why the yellow light is flashing?

If you didn't encrypt your network, the yellow light will flash, even though the network is functioning.

4. Mac-Addict thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

5. adav macrumors member

hallo

is your voyager an ethernet modem or a router kind.

anyway, try going to the advanced options in the airport utility by pressing command+L when the airport is selected. Then go to internet and instead of pppoe, choose DHCP option. See if that sorts itself out

6. wizzerandchips macrumors 6502

trying to configure my lacie hard drive but keeps comng up its conflicting with the DCHP. change it but still comes up the same, any ideas. Also if I get it to work, I assume the icon will come up on the desk top for the lacie.:mad:

7. markjewiss macrumors member

I was in the same boat as you - no matter what I did I couldn't get the AE to work with the BT router. SO, I pulled out an old Netgear, plugged it into that, and now it's working.

Still completely confused as to why Apple didn't include the ADSL modem bit as well so that I wouldn't have to run two devices...

Mark.

8. alFR macrumors 68020

Because then everyone who just wants an access point would have to pay for an ADSL modem they wouldn't use?