Help me download this?

Discussion in 'Games' started by t\/\/!$t, Feb 18, 2007.

1. t\/\/!$t macrumors newbie

There is game inspired by the board game risk. I want to download the demo. The site for this demo is at: http://sillysoft.net/ Click on the link Download free demo. I have a mac os x 10.1.5, so I download the Lux.dmg right? Some first hand help would be useful. After I download Lux.dmg the icon appears in my desktop and when I double click it, it says could not mount. Any suggestions?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Well, for starters, Lux requires 10.2, so you likely won't be able to run it.

I'm also assuming your disk image mounting issue is the same one you're talking about in this thread, right? I don't really remember the details about disk utility stuff in 10.1, but I think there were two apps: Disk Copy and Disk Utility, correct? If Repair Permissions isn't working through Disk Utility, try opening Disk Utility and clicking "Verify Disk" to see if you come up with any errors. If you do, boot from your installation disc, go back to Disk Utility, and click Repair Disk. That's of course assuming that things used to work the same way back then. I just don't remember...if you can't figure it out, try letting us know what you see in Disk Utility. Or maybe someone else here remembers how 10.1 works.