Help me figure out what game it was!!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Omad0n, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Omad0n macrumors regular

Hi all, I need help in trying to figure out whaat an old game I played was. As I recall it could be played on a classic mac, but also when played on newr machines it had 16bit color. It took place in space, and was kind alike an early RTS. Something along the lines of MOO. Any thoughts anyone?

2. Steradian macrumors 6502

maybe

perhaps it was astrix, it was a game that you went around and blew up asteroids and such gaining powerups and lives for future levels. I hope im right with this shot in the dark...

3. Omad0n thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry nope that's not it. Like I said it was like an early RTS. So you had multiple ships, upgrades and planets to conquer. Sadly I don't think I'll ever find the game again.

4. Omad0n thread starter macrumors regular

So omeone must REALLY like me, cause I just found the game on a random look up through google. the game was and is called spaceward Ho and it's even got an osX version. Which I now have. I deffinetly recommend this game to anyone who wants something fun, but not too complex in the way of strategy games. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to play!!!

5. pretentious macrumors regular

pretentious

ESCAPE VELOCITY!!!!

This game RULEZ!!!

Its at www.ambrosiasw.com they have two new versions the newest one called Nova and its OS X naitive!

Am I right??

6. Bateman macrumors member

anybody remember the game solarion?? that and what else.... was it crystal quest?? hmmm.... those used to be so much fun!! oh yeah, diamonds!!!! gosh, memory lane!!

7. Jeffx342 macrumors regular

RED FRACTION, Good game takes place in MARS

also there is an OsX patch for it

8. crackpip macrumors regular

Re: Help me figure out what game it was!!!!

Was it Spaceward Ho? If so, it has been continually updated. The latest update was posted not too long ago.

crackpip

9. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Sounds like Escape Velocity to me! I played that game for hours. :) Wasted many hours running missions for cash.

10. Omad0n thread starter macrumors regular

So i'm guessing people didn't read my after posts because I did note that it was spaceward ho. So there's an update again.

11. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

My god, i loved that game so much it was almost illegal (got very difficult towars the end).
    Ahhh, loved that game....

Ohhh Falcon 1 mmmmmm gargle...

12. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Escape Velocity isn't really an RTS.

StarCraft - the best game in the world - is though.

13. pekster macrumors newbie

Re: maybe

I have been looking for astrix and loved that game. I have been unable to find it, and since you at least knew of it I was wondering if you could point me to where i could obtain this game again. If you can help please email me at pekster@mail-page.com and I will be in contact with you. Thanks

14. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I dont know if anyone has told all you guys but your not supposed to be gaming on your Macs;) Macs are for doing blahs,bluuurrrs,&rotations,viewing the net and more photoshop stuff. please dont let this get out because if it does people will be buying macs to game. This could really confuse Apple(motorola) and then the next thing you know people will want faster Macs to Game on.;)

15. marcsiry macrumors member

spaceward ho rules!

I've been playing it since the early b&w days. I now have it on my Palm Tungsten 3 (in color) and I play it on the subway! I even missed my stop the other day because I was busy crushing my opponents.

16. xelterran macrumors 6502

17. mmcneil macrumors regular

Crystal Quest was my wife's passion until I reformatted her HD to upgrade the OS. I still have the disks, but cannot get the game to recognize the floppy in order to activate it. I've tried disk images etc. with absolutely no luck - anyone have any ideas??:confused:

18. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Yeah I loved Crystal Quest and Crystal Crazy. I broke a few mouses by clicking like a madman. At first I was going to suggest that perhaps the game you were searching for was OIDS. God I loved that game.