Help me find RAM

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ribbonthecat, Mar 11, 2007.

1. ribbonthecat macrumors regular

Since I've started doing digital photography, 512MB of RAM is no longer enough to run my 12' PB well. So I'd like to get a 1GB RAM module. Where's the best place to get it? What kind of RAM should I get? Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Edit: Oh, yeah, I'm in the United States.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

My recommendation is to go with a reputable seller, who tests and guarantees compatibility with your model Powerbook, offers a lifetime warranty, and a no-cost (no restocking, no shipping) return if it doesn;t work.

You can go with generic to save $10 if you like, but for most people its worth the security of knowing it will work. Plus you will lose your savings in shipping and.or restocking charges if you have to send it back.

On MR, most often recommended are Crucial (see MR link at the top ^), OWC (MacSales) and Data Memory Systems

Thanks,
    Trevor
    CanadaRAM.com

3. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

Use Ramseeker.com To Buy From OmniTech

Use Ramseeker.com to link to Omni for the lowest price. I've never had a problem with the always lowest priced Omni RAM.

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Obligatory reply:
    One member may never have had a problem with that company, however you should look at resellerratings.com and make up your own mind.

http://www.resellerratings.com/rlist-s1-n2.html

Enter the store name of your choice into the Search box to see what a large number of customers opinions over time is for that store.