Help me find this game!

Discussion in 'Games' started by onthat, May 13, 2006.

1. onthat macrumors regular

onthat

It ran on Windows 98 so it can't be too hard to find, at least I assume...hope?

So the object of the game was to accomplish a specific task using only the components they provided. It resembles the premise behind a music video that THE BRAVERY made for their "hit single" AN HONEST MISTAKE. Basically it starts out with...let's say a candle burning a thread, then the thread gives and releases the balloon that floats up and pops on a needle that was attached to the ceiling, this makes the baby cry and the dad gets up and trips over a hotwheels car, etc. All leading to an end result...let's say, an old lady gets pushed down and breaks her wrists. (sorry if that offends anyone, it's just an example)

If I don't find this game I think I might Die.

2. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

I remember the game, can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Helpful, huh?

3. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

From your description, my best guess would be "The Incredible Machine".

4. onthat thread starter macrumors regular

onthat

You have my allegiance!

That's definitely the game, if it doesn't have a mac friendly version...what can I do? emulate microsoft?

5. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I remember playing it on a 486, and spent many hours trying to figure some of the puzzles out! :)

I do believe there was a Mac version, but it might be hard to get your hands on. I'd say give Google a try.

6. onthat thread starter macrumors regular

onthat

I found a similar game for the mac, titled "Crazy Machines" it has better graphics, a larger library of parts, and accurate physics.

7. Killian macrumors member

That game just looks like a newer version of a program I used at school called "Crocodile Clips". It was just a load of crap where you made a few wires (just looked like black lines), connected to a battery, if you were feeling really adventurous, you'd whack a switch in there, then connect all that to bulb just to get a glowing on your screen!! Anyone else ever used this at school? (I'm not even going to ask if anyone's used it at home, it was that gay only schools would supply it!!)