Help me get Mac OS X Tiger on my second internal hard drive!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by benji888, Sep 27, 2006.

1. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

Ok, I have had some problems with my Mac lately, and I think they are related to power problems in my apartment, so problem mostly solved, however my files got pretty messed up. Now I went and got a second internal SATA hard drive and a MacBackup. I want to have a backup on the spare hard drive because last time I had a problem, disk warrior filled the hard drive to fix overlapped files and it took days to get my computer going again. I do business on this computer and need to have problems resolved FAST, that's why the second hard drive for backup. PROBLEM is I have 10.3.7 restore disks and 10.4 Tiger Upgrade DVD. For some reason, I can install 10.3.7 on the second drive, but Tiger always stops saying there is an error, restart and try installing again. The drive checks out, but I can't seem to get 10.4 on it. Do I have to get the full version, is it copy protected or something??? Does it know there's a copy already on my computer on another drive, and won't let me put two on one computer??? Has anyone else had this problem? I have tried multiple times, not once successfully finishing installing the 10.4 upgrade. If I only go with 10.3 it works fine. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. benji888 thread starter macrumors 65816

benji888

works now

I took my G5 in to apple store genius bar again, they took out my 3rd party ram that's been in for over a year, ALL PROBLEMS GONE! Why was it ok until a couple months ago? (the last two weeks have been bad!) Now I only have 512MB in my machine, ugh!