Help me get my new website working with my old domain on Yahoo!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yoda13, Jan 14, 2006.

1. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

OK, I am sure that this seems basic and possibly silly to many of you out there. But for the last few years I have been hosting a very simple website for my brother out of his .Mac account. Much of the site has been done with Homepage. His previous webdesigner, who was charging an outlandish sum and never working on the site, did register his domain with yahoo web services. My brother has chose to keep this up and he likes them. What I have been able to do is to make a copy of the index.html file for the homepage site and upload it to yahoo's server. That has redirected anyone who typed his url to the homepage site. Now when I try to do the same thing with the new site I have created for him via iWeb and uploaded to the web folder of his .Mac account with iWeb it won't work. But I can upload/link the old index.html file of the homepage site again, and the old homepage site comes up just like it always has when you type in his url/domain. Anybody have any ideas about how to make this work with the new site, or am I gonna have to transfer it over with ftp to yahoo's servers and not serve it on .Mac? I want to make this work, I will copy the site over to yahoo if I have too, but I do not want to. Please help.:eek:

2. yoda13 thread starter macrumors 65816

yoda13

I am wondering if I posted this in the wrong area, or if its just that no one has any idea about how to help me with my problem... Oh well. I guess I just need to become more savy with my webdesign.:eek: