Help Me !!! I fall in love with a M$ mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by crypt, Jul 15, 2004.

1. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

yea that mouse was designed on mac my a mac person. I forgot the guys name he won several design awards and was shown on cnbc.

2. Lewisham macrumors member

What's wrong with wanting an MS mouse? MS make the best mice in the business (although maybe Logitech, depending on your hand shape).

We all use Macs not because we hate MS, but because we can see tehy are the best tools for the job. Nothing should stop you extending that to mice! :rolleyes:

Chris

3. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

Starck??

i use a wired MS Intellimouse Explorer 4.0, and i Love it. after trying out the MX900 and getting irritated by its mild bumpiness, i broke down and bought a wired mouse for the time being. until logitech properly releases drivers for macs or until the Mouse BT comes out.

4. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

Microsoft mice aren't bad but not the best in my opinion. I usually like Starck's stuff but this mouse just doesn't do it for me, in the pictures I've seen the silver plastic looks cheap, but then you never know till you see one in person.

I would go for it if you like it, M$ mice are pretty good (Amazing compared to their OS!) the one thing that would possibly hold me back is that it's wired.

5. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

to be honest, i like Logitech's mouse better. but at 1/3 the price of the MX900 and better tracking (until the new drivers arrive), i can't complain.

6. technocoy macrumors 6502a

technocoy

Yes it is starck...

the designer's name is philippe starck and he is one of the most renowned (and one of my favorite) designers in the world. he has designed everything from buildings to cars to clothes to furniture to wastebaskets... he wants to bring cost-effecient high design to everyday products. you should check out his book: STARCK if you like design, this is a great book.

PEACE!

technocoy

7. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

8. slughead macrumors 68030

slughead

Because Bill Gates eats babies. If you buy MS you are supporting terrorist baby eating.

9. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

It's funny when you use something and get so used to it that when it's not there you feel so lost. I used to set up FCP edit systems (20+?) and have always set them up with the MS mice and a specific button program. Everyone I know who's used it winds up the same way...frustrated when they come across a regular no button apple mouse on an edit system.
    I love Apple, mainly for what the machines, OS, and software do for me, but when it comes to getting the job done, you just need the right tool and sometimes that tool is made by somebody other than Apple.

10. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I love my bluetooth M$ mouse... there, I said it. ;)

11. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

That's one of the funniest things I've read in a LONG time, would you mind if I sig'd that?

12. Vanilla macrumors 6502a

According to the Press Release the answer is yes. In fact its in two flavours, Orange and Blue.

What I don't know is when they are out, what price they will be and whether I can buy one here in the UK.

Vanilla

13. Vanilla macrumors 6502a

Ahh, just answered my own question, the answers are here

Vanilla

14. TBR macrumors 6502

Well I love my logitech MX700

[​IMG]

Left Button = Left click
    Right Button = Right click
    Scoll Button = Send to trash
    Top Cruise Button = Empty Trash
    Bottom Cruise Button = Expose all windows
    Application switch Button = Open Application folder
    Top Thumb Button = Quit Application
    Bottom Thumb Button = Close Window

I find it very hard to go back to a one button mouse when I have to.

15. mpw Guest

MS Bluetooth Mouse - Fantastic

I just got one of these yesterday after becoming frustrated with my Apple pro wired mouse. A single button I can cope with but not having a scroll wheel was becoming a nightmare. Also the wire would often get caught under the mouse somehow so i couldn't click.

IT'S GREAT

Obviously the wire snagging problem is cured and I have my sroll wheel, AND until last night I didn't know how much I missed the right mouse button.

Question:
    How can I make use of the two thumb buttons? Do I need to load a driver or they only any use for MS Windows?

Tip:
    Anyone who gets one of these should note the Bluetooth USB adapter needs to be plugged into the USB port on the PC not into the USB on the Apple's Pro keyboard. I thought this would be a problem as my ADSL modem also only works from there and of course after I've plugged my Apple Pro keyboard into my iBook I only have 1 spare port. However the Belkin BT adapter works from the keyboard without a problem. It also found the mouse quicker then the MS oe and gave it a sensible name 'Microsoft Mouse' rather than a number string.

16. Jimong5 macrumors 6502

Im a fan of my Logitech 700, and it also shows its flexibility.

Left Button = Left click
    Right Button = Right click
    Scoll Button = Double click
    Top Cruise Button = Pg Up
    Bottom Cruise Button = Pg Dwn
    Application switch Button = Expose all windows
    Top Thumb Button = safari forward
    Bottom Thumb Button = safari backward

mines more optimized for web surfing, but you can set it however you want.

17. m.r.m. macrumors regular

logitech is the best in mouse hardware, microsoft does a better job with their mouse drivers.

18. agentmouthwash macrumors regular

agentmouthwash

The second I buy a Mac I sell the Apple mouse on ebay and
    hook up my MS Intellimouse. sad but true.
    When is Apple ever going to learn?

The other day Apple announced 80000 preorders for the Airport Express.
    If they released a multibutton mouse with scroll wheel, the mac faithful
    will respond and Apple would have hundreds of thousands of orders.

19. rt_brained macrumors 6502a

I think the Top Cruise button is totally overrated and acts really badly.

20. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

There are no drivers for this mouse for mac. BUT, you can use the extra buttons for exposé. System Preferences --> Exposé. At the bottom, set the extra buttons to exposé functions. I have pressing the scroll wheel = F9, front side button = F10, back side button = F11.

21. Hlau macrumors member

I'm using the Stark mouse right now. The blue (or orange) strip is illuminated in a fairly cool way. The shape is comfortable, though obviously not as comfortable as the Intellimouse Explorer. The design does take pages out of Apple's book in terms of how the buttons click. The paint finish is well done and the mose doesn't look cheap. It does seem to me that the design is meant for brushed aluminium although i know Stark is fond of plastic.

Now I want to replace the keyboard to go with the G5 and the new display.

22. Hlau macrumors member

They're available for £39.99 at Micro Anvika. I got them at the one in Selfridges with discount. :cool:

23. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

As much as I despise M$ they do make some quality mice, their wireless and ballless mice are very good, don't be concerned.

24. crypt thread starter macrumors newbie

TRUE!!!!
    There's some petition for multibutton mouse ?
    Maybe MacRumors will open one.