Help me make a better Tar' Advice Please!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Macmaniac, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

My Tar' is getting way old, and I want to change it bad. Over Spring Break and the Summer I will have a lot of time so I want to make a quality Tar'.
    Here is my plan.
    First you see the matrix "rain" effect
    It ends up reading "Macmaniac Reloaded"
    It then cuts to the Battle for Zion Seen where the APU's are holding back huge "fist sized" armies of squidies, You see a close up shot of Captain Mafooni shooting the sentinels and doing his yelling thing, the Tar' ends with "Macmaniac, the passion, Reloaded. I want to make that scene in my Tar', my current plan is to copy the film into iMovie, take a million still frames then piece them together in a GIF animator.
    Now there must be an easier way, please some advice or help!

Attached Files:

2. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

That's ambitious, given the limited filesize for the avatar (20k).

Any transition or action shot adds frames to the gif, which adds to the file size. I'd try to limit it to only a couple of transitions/action shots.

3. ratspg macrumors regular

I loong for a 'tar... is it what... 500 posts? :( Hopefully soon

4. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i think there are a few apps you can get that allow you to work with Gif's easily. i can't remember their names, but i think there's some good freeware/shareware out there.

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

6. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

Dude. That's WAY too much animation. It's a 'tar, not a Short Film entry at Sundance.

The best animated avatars are fairly simple, don't take forever to watch through a whole loop, and don't include fine detail that the space doesn't really allow for. You ask for advice, here is mine: Trim your idea down a bit. The first two steps--Matrix raining code forming your "MacManiac Reloaded"--would in and of themselves make a kick-ass 'tar.

7. Macmaniac thread starter macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Thanks for the ideas! I'm beginning to think I've got an idea thats way to big, but thanks for ideas on how to improve my Tar'