Help me! Nerd alert!

Discussion in 'Community' started by parrothead, Apr 26, 2004.

1. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

Help me, I have crossed the threshold into absolute nerd-dom. I woke up this morning and when I remembered the dream I had, I was horrified! I dreamed that I was a Jedi knight that was fighting to save my futuristic city from invasion. I was fighting robots, stormtroopers, space ships and other enemys. Man, I was a wiz at the light saber and my mastery of the force was a great sight to see.

Help! what can I do!

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

It was a dream - relax.

Now if you could do a few Jedi mind tricks in the morning or woke up with a stump, that would be a different story.

D

3. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

cut back on the mountain dew before bed, watch some sports for a while instead of sci-fi, and hang out with some chicks?

or just embrace the nerd-dom. whichever. :D

4. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Chug some beer and watch the movie "The Road Warrior" a couple of times.

5. parrothead thread starter macrumors 6502a

parrothead

Well, I dont drink Mountain Dew, haven't watched any sci-fi in at least a year, and I hang out with my wife all the time! I may have to just embrace the nerd-dom....

6. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Just embrace it. I embraced mine and came out of the pocket-protector (nerd version of coming out of the closet) when I pre-ordered the extended edition of the Fellowship--4 months before it came out. Come out and join us! ;)

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless you left out the fact you were wearing a Bill Gates mask and a Spandex superhero costume while you were fighting like a Jedi.

8. Dros macrumors 6502

If, in your dreams, you looked like this guy, get help ASAP.

[​IMG]

9. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

if all this is true, you probably don't have to worry about the nerd-dom too much. unless you've been playing too many computer games. have you? HAVE YOU?!?! :eek: :D

10. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

[​IMG]

If I saw that guy jumping around in my dreams swinging his light saber I'd be asking about therapy and drugs, not whether everyone thought I was a nerd.

11. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

HOLY SH*T!
    I thought Star Wars nerds were weird...but God damn!

12. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

13. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

parrothead, have you considered that you might really be a Jedi, who happens to be dreaming right now that he's a regular person (and MacRumors member) on planet Earth?

I've been to a Star Trek convention (nerd alert!) but I didn't wear a costume, I didn't wait in a huge line to get Trek actors' autographs, and I didn't buy any Trek merchandise, so I think I can be forgiven.

14. Dros macrumors 6502

Interesting how you casually say "didn't wait in a HUGE line" to get autographs. Did you perhaps wait in a SHORT line, and hoped through your evasive wording to avoid the "super-nerd" label?

15. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Very clever thinking, Dros. :D I'd like to think I'm clever enough to be so sneaky when necessary, but in this case I meant that I didn't wait in the line, which was long. And that was because I wasn't interested in getting autographs, not that the line was too long.

It was fun to hear Robert Picardo and Nana Visitor speak about the DS9 show, which I watched at the time, and to see all the REAL trekkers/ies who go to these things with crazy devotion. I don't do such silly things. Hold on, my phone's ringing... What's that? Apple is releasing a slightly updated boxed version of TextEdit? I'd better rush to my local Apple Store and sleep three days in the rain to be first in line! ;)

16. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

I bet all the ladies here are turned on by the tron guy :)

come on ladies! give him a 10? :D

I showed my wife and all she could do was laugh.

17. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

was it the gut or the 'stash :D

Body suits should only be worn by those who have bodies others would like to see....

D

18. Dros macrumors 6502

I think she will like this one even more ;)

It is probably illegal to wear something this "revealing" in many states. The photos are funny, but I admire the guy. He clearly enjoys wearing the costume (maybe a little too much). How many of us have been held back from doing what we want to because we are afraid of what others think?

Of course, we don't need to feel the urge to post our activities to the net for everyone to see!

[​IMG]

19. crenz macrumors 6502a

crenz

That's very true. And he even got a prize for it at "Penguicon". I have no idea what that is, but it sounds like a nerdy Linux culture convention or something :p .

20. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Dear Horrified in Honolulu,

Dreams are funny things. Sometimes they'll reveal more about your interests than you are willing to openly admit to yourself. The fact that you are even willing to consider embracing your inner geek further indicates a propensity for enjoying robots, spaceships, and extraterrestrial invasions. However, it is important to note that not all innate desires are healthy. Embracing your inner geek can lead to poor hygiene, diminished taste in quality literature and film, reduced self-esteem, and trouble with your life partner who may become too embarrassed to be seen with you in public as you sport stained, silkscreened t-shirts proclaiming your devotion to said robots, spaceships, or extraterrestrial invasions. Therefore, you may want to consider the following remedies:

• A little culture never hurt anyone. See an independent film that is thoroughly, even pessimistically grounded in reality. Discover the wonder that is nuanced, character-driven drama.
    • Do something brutish and irrational. Listen to sports radio. Buy an Italian sports car you can't afford. Ridicule someone weaker than you.
    • Wash that geek right out of your hair. Spend not less than $100 on quality personal hygiene products at someplace other than a Walmart or grocery store and groom, scrub, clip, and fragrance yourself into the very model of a modern metrosexual. No geeky thoughts can survive under such a cloud of bewitching scents, nor under the rapacious ardor of your wife who won't be able to resist that alluring man that strolled out of her bathroom.

21. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    dang a lot of work went into that costume, but who cares if ur a nerd

22. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Cut back on the cafine!

Sushi

23. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Seek Help! :D

Seriously, neat outfit!

Sushi

24. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Hey, some folks like "round" figures! :D

Sushi

25. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

A Ha!

Your not a real Star Wars Geek until you have built your own Lightsaber.

Not the cheap plastic ones at Toys R' Us.

Or the $100+ 'offical' ones.

Your own. One you built, that is what my friend did.

I mean I fight him with some tube and he takes out his, hehe its great.