Help me out (website on MobileMe)

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Anthonydrums, Feb 8, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Anthonydrums

Hey guys,

I've been using iWeb a while now but i am very interested in purchasing the Mobileme package cause i bought a new Iphone. However... I am aware that in collaboration with this subscription you will have the option to place your website on this account. How exactly does that work. Will i be able to move my existing domain name to this Mobileme account? If so can somebody explain how?

Thanks in advance

Greets :apple:

2. macrumors 603

swiftaw

In iWeb you would just choose to publish to MobileMe, and I think it allows you to use your own domain name.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Anthonydrums

Thanks for the quick reply.

I already have this existing domain name with another provider can i just move this to my MobileMe Account?

Greets :apple:

4. macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Yep! I have mine set up this way; I don't remember off the top of my head exactly what the process was, but MobileMe had a pretty thorough tutorial in the setup pane of the (browser, not System Preferences) configuration. If I recall correctly, you just tell MM what your domain name is, then create a CNAME record for MobileMe with your domain name provider. Apple holds your hand through the process pretty well, so it's hard to go wrong ;)

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Anthonydrums

Thanks!... I'm probably going to the store today...

6. macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I know you said you've been using iWeb, but in case you ever decide to make your website more in-depth than what iWeb can offer you, know that you can't use PHP on MobileMe.

7. macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

Anthonydrums

Heaps of thanks to all the repliers