Help me out with Mac Mail Please

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by M. Malone, Apr 22, 2006.

1. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

I have a .mac account, and using 2 macs, isync seems to work great, but I would like to do this, can the e-mails I delete get removed from the server but remain in my Mail app so I can view them incase I need to later on? I have a lot of e-mails, and I wanna keep everything, every single e-mail I have sent and received, however, I want them in my computer, not on the server, and can iSync sync all those e-mails that are stored in the computer between both macs?

Thanks!

2. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

Go to Mail.app preferences and click on General and then the Advanced tab and you should find all the options to remove downloaded mail.

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

To clarify:
    You'd like to download all of your messages from the .Mac server onto your local computer(s), and keep synchronized between those local machines? I'm pretty sure that the Mail.app syncing requires the messages to be on a server in order to sync between your two machines. I don't think it's possible to have both of these scenarios simultaneously. If it's deleted from the server, it can't then compare with each individual local machine.

4. M. Malone thread starter macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

ok, can somebody tell me what I need to do exactly, I know it's in prefrences, but what do I check or uncheck? I just want all the e-mails I see taken away from my server, and stored into the Mail app, as I said, I plan on saving every single e-mail I will ever get...thanks

5. gman71882 macrumors 6502

gman71882

1. Choose Mail / Prefrences -- then in the popup window choose the accounts button.

2. Choose the Mailbox behaviors button to change what you want to save on your machine. Ex: you can set to never delete sent messages, or set to delete sent messages after one day, week, or month.

3. Choose the advanced button and in the third check box down you can Set this to delete your messages from the server after one day, week, etc....