Help Me Please (warcraft 3 RoC maphack)

Discussion in 'Games' started by dabomb2, Dec 10, 2005.

1. dabomb2 macrumors newbie

hey everybody i'm looking for a warcraft 3 RoC maphack that works for iMac. ive looked for weeks and please one of you guys are bound to know. please reply i need it bad :confused: :confused:

2. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Received your PM

Will give you an answer here

3. dabomb2 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

I'll help you out with the hosting and firewall problem

Ok you know how to host but it appears that somewhere between you and the internet there is a firewall, this isn't the work of the built in firewall for OS X so its coming from a router/modem that you connect your computer to get the internet connection

If you want my help in this I would like to know the name of this device, if you have more then one name them aswell

Then all we need to do is to give the box(es) the port number(s) in order to make it let the Warcraft traffic in

as for this map/name hack I'm not familer with it, if you heard that I won't work with Macs that might be true but as I don't know alot about it I can't say

5. dabomb2 thread starter macrumors newbie

i have an airport with a wireless connection if that helps

6. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

I assume your meaning you have an Apple Airport Base Station?

You will need to access it using the Admin Utility in the Utilites Folder

7. dabomb2 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Actually, if you happen to find one, you should be very carefull how to use it. You risk your account being deleted that way, and maybe your CD-Key!

To be honest, I hate maphacks. The purpose of Battle.net is to increase your skill, and not to be proud of something you have never achieved on your own.:mad:

9. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Yeah sorry for the delay

You have an Airport Base Station I'm going to assume

In the Utility Folder you will find a Utility called Airport Admin

Open this and when the window comes up you should be able to see your base Station

Double click on this and enter a password for access to the base station (might be different to your network, depends)

Another window will then pop up

There are tabs which lead to different section of configuation

I can't recall exactactly the name of the tab you should select, I think it was called Port Mapping or something like that

Anyway once you reach that area you can add in the port for Warcraft, this number is 6112 by default, or something similar to that

Click on the Add button and put "6112" as the public and private port

For your IP address it is recommended that you set your computer to a manual IP address so that you don't need to keep changing the numbers

Click done and the port will now be in the list, you will then need to restart the Base Station for these changes to take effect

10. dabomb2 thread starter macrumors newbie

k ur really good at this.... one problem: i forgot my password. is there a way to just find it or am i totally screwed?

and soulstorm, i would do anything for a maphack, and i do not plan on using it in ladder games. yes, in ladder games u will get banned. but i intend to use it in custom games where nobody cares.

EDIT; one more Q: whats a "base station" ??

11. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

The Base Station I speak of is the Apple Airport Base Station which is a wireless router, if you do not have this then I assumed wrong

Here is its product page

Base Station

12. dabomb2 thread starter macrumors newbie

13. dabomb2 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea is there a reset button, on the airport, or on the screen?

anyways will this mess up my connection? because removing wires and stuff seams kinda risky.

14. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

The Link that I gave above will show you how to do a "Soft Reset" meaning that it will only reset the password and keep all of your other settings intact

15. dabomb2 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, but the link really doesnt make much sense to me. :confused:

leme get this straight:

1: i hold down the little reset button on the airport

2: then i..... :confused:

16. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Press and hold the base station reset button for one full second.

The middle light flashes, indicating that the base station is in reset mode.

The base station remains in reset mode for five minutes.

While its in this mode go to access it via the Admin Utility, when it comes to entering the password type in "public"

You should then have access to the base station, then its simple a matter of channging the password in that 5 minutes

The option to do that is in the first tab which should be the one that you see when the configuration window loads up

17. dabomb2 thread starter macrumors newbie