Help me remember the name of this game?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nuks, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Nuks macrumors 6502a

I'm looking for this game, hopefully someone made it for mac, but if not, the pc version is fine too. I used to play it every day at recess, probably 7 or 8 years ago. This is what I remember about it, you picked your tank, and then went to this 2d battlefield. You picked a spot on the field, bought the different types of ammunition and bombs that you wanted, and then entered values for arc and speed and stuff. basically you had to compensate for where you were on the map, and wind speed and stuff, and try to blow up the other player. If anyone could lead me to this game, I would appreciate it SO much!

2. Lincoln 6 Echo macrumors member

3. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

There are alllll kinds of games based on this formula.

Check here on Wikipedia.

4. Nuks thread starter macrumors 6502a

Alright, yeah it's Scorched Earth!
    Thanks so much mate.

5. mkaake macrumors 65816

The version I used to use was something to the effect of battledomes... and there was another one with monkeys...

But as mentioned above, there are *tons* of variants of this game, including some online versions now...

6. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Was it Dome Wars? Another good one is Pocket Tanks Deluxe, especially with all the add-ons, the variety of weapons is great and some have special effects.

7. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

8. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

There was an old shareware version on the Mac called Scud (I think?) that was great fun. It was in real time rather than turn based.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I played a jolly good variation on the artillery game years ago. It was on the PC, based around planets that had their own gravity, you could fly to another planet (or into oblivion) by using booster jets too. Really added a spark to the genre.

10. Zadillo macrumors 65816

I remember having a version of this game for my TI-85 calculator. I blame it for my poor math skills today.

11. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

i loved buyer rollers and just letting them do the work for me.