Help me set up wireless mouse please

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ines, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Ines macrumors member

Hello again .. as you are all so helpful ...

I have a 14" ibook 700 and recently bought a wireless mouse .. I have Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar and in applications it had loads of bluetooth icons .. however it just wont work and I get a bluetooth error message.

What do I need to do?

thanks
    Ines

2. garybUK Guest

garybUK

Do you have a Bluetooth dongle or built in Bluetooth Controller?? (This is a Build To Order option only). If you dont have either, I suggest you look at the D-Link Bluetooth Dongle (USB) that can be found in any Selfridges / John Lewis or from the apple.com/uk website.

3. aptmunich macrumors member

Ok, are you using a built-in bluetooth module or an external usb one?
    Come to think of it, I don't think the G3 ibooks had bluetooth, so it must be an external usb one right?

Is it a bluetooth mouse or a wireless rf mouse? For b/t, install the usb adapter and then click on the bluetooth icon in system preferences. There you should be able to search for devices in range and it should find your mouse...

then go to keyboard/mouse preferences and set-up the mouse.

If it's a RF wireless mouse, it should have come with a usb adapter as well and should also come with software. Install that and you should be up and running...

4. Ines thread starter macrumors member

5. Ines thread starter macrumors member

thanks, I got a D-link and it was sooooooo easy setting up the mouse after that. Its so nice.