Help me to choose my first BOOK!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by chasingapple, May 3, 2005.

1. chasingapple macrumors regular

chasingapple

Ok, I need some help or rather a few opinions. I am in the market for a cheap book, older is fine as nothing intensive will be running on it at all. I have an iMac for all my heavy duty stuff but I want something portable and solid.

My 2 choices I have run into in my searching are the following..

iBook G3/600 256MB Memory, 20GB Drive, CD-RW/DVD, Airport, 12-inch LCD Screen - $609

or

Powerbook G3/500 256MB Memory, 20GB Drive, DVD, Airport, 14.1-inch LCD Screen - $560

Which one would you guys choose or perhaps you know of a better deal out there? I am looking for something around $500 with airport in it, these were the best 2 I have found.

Thanks ahead of time!

Chasingapple

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

3. brandon6684 Guest

I would highly recommend waiting a bit longer and saving up some more money(assuming that's the reason you are going cheap and used) and just get the $999 iBook, especially if it gets updated to include 512MB RAM standard(almost certain) and a 64MB video card standard(not as certain as the RAM, but a very good bet).