Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZombieChef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Canada
Hi
I just bought a new dvd drive for my G4 Powermac. (It's an Audio Digital model) It was an internal drive which I bought, apparently foolishly, thinking that I would be able to install it. Anyways, I can't figure it out and I have no wish to destroy my computer. Woul it be possible for someone to help me out and either give me instructions or direct me to instructions for my model. I found some general ones on the internet but they didn't help me. Also the box does say it is compatible with my computer. Thanks in advance for any help.

-ZombieChef

budugu

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2004
Boston, MA
ZombieChef said:
Hi
I just bought a new dvd drive for my G4 Powermac. (It's an Audio Digital model) It was an internal drive which I bought, apparently foolishly, thinking that I would be able to install it. Anyways, I can't figure it out and I have no wish to destroy my computer. Woul it be possible for someone to help me out and either give me instructions or direct me to instructions for my model. I found some general ones on the internet but they didn't help me. Also the box does say it is compatible with my computer. Thanks in advance for any help.

-ZombieChef

well i have no experience with it but it definitely uses standard IDE. So it is about removing the right screws. atleast on my sawtooth mac i thought that the CD drive needs to be removed from the front (I am not sure on this and need to remove the front face plate!)

Laser47

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2004
Maryland
Also make sure you set it to either master or slave. IIRC the connector farthest from the logicboard is the master and the one in the middle is slave.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.