Help me with my screen protectors

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mac'Mo, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

i just got a white mb and i also ordered a RadTech ScreenSavrz (http://www.radtech.us/Products/NotebookScreenSavrz.aspx)
    . It's one of those micro fibre cloths that you place between your notebook when its closed to protect the screen from the keyboard or vice versa. Now my question is that when my mb is closed, it seems pretty tight and i dont know how thin this cloth is (still in transit), so i'm wondering if there is room or if this cloth will put unnecessary stress on my hinges. Respond asap please!

2. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i have one of these. the cloth is less than 1mm thick. don't worry about stress on your hinges - when you see how thin it is you'll understand how silly your question is :)

3. gallagb macrumors 6502

gallagb

i'd gauge it at 1.5mm thick

i've got the grey 'powerbook' version for the 12" and have been VERY happy w/ it

i'm with " pianoman" on this
    you will feel silly

RadTech makes great products and i usually feel like a poster child for them-

they are VERY VERy good about returns and 'fixing' problems
    very good about communication...etc

great company - strongly strongly recommended

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

according to RadTech:

5. Mac'Mo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

cool thanks for putting my fears to ease =D
    just didn't want a bulging mb and whatnot

6. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

Have any of you used the comparable product from Marware? I am considering one of the two. The RadTech product looks very nice, bigger than the Marware. But the Marware product comes with the palm rest covers, I don't have any problems with marks or so called 'pitting' but the paranoia is still here.

7. Mac'Mo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

also to gallagb and pianoman, i know the radtech site says that this oculd be used to clean the screen by just "adding water". have you guys done this? and if you have, what have your results been?

8. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i use it to clean the screen and it works very well. just make sure you don't use too much water - you really only need a few drops and the microfiber cloth takes care of the rest. it's also good for wiping down the palm rests, keyboard, and casing.