Help me with putting up My Avatar.

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by WeeShoo, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WeeShoo macrumors regular

I need some help, Ive been trying to put one up but I dont see how to, Ive been in the Area in the User CP, but the little ''Do not use an Avatar'' button is always selected. Please Help.

2. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yep, please read the MacRumors FAQs before posting common questions like this, you can save yourself a lot of time in the future! As you will read, you need 500 posts before you can have an avatar. We don't give away 'tars to just anyone on this site, they have to be a member who contributes with their comments, insight and knowledge to the site. :cool:

All that being said, welcome to MacRumors!

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

We really need to put a stop to threads like this, It seems like twice a week someone asks why can't I make an Avatar. I say whenever someone signs up a big splash screen should pop up saying "No Avatars Till 500 Posts."

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yep, that's what the site FAQs are for, but as with everything else in life, not everyone likes to read the instruction manuals first... ;)

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

How about directing newbies to the FAQs as part of the signup process? Then before they can post, they must pass a quiz on those FAQs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.