help me with safari plugin?

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by like omg, Jun 22, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

Jun 22, 2006
    hello, you know on Safari there is a google search bar? well, i want to make one but one that goes to the wiki page of the input. i have no idea how to do this. at all. none. so any help, would be gretaly appreciated.
    i just need to know how to code an input box into the top of safari and make it onclick to got to a certain address with the input value in the addres.

2. Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Use AcidSearch and add a channel for Wikipedia. I'm not sure how well it's been tested on Intel-based Macs, but it works fine on my PowerBook.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 22, 2006
    cheers. thats ok yeah but i'd really like to actually build me a second search bar next to the google one.
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 22, 2006
  5. macrumors 6502a

Apr 7, 2005
    Monterrey, México
    While bumping is not against MR rules, we frown upon it :rolleyes: :D . If you really want to code a Safari plugin you could start by reading the Webkit Plugin Programming Topics. You'll need to learn Objective-c (if you don't know it already), but I'm not really sure you can add GUI elements to Safari's main window. Most Safari plugins I've seen only work inside a webpage, but like I said, I'm not sure...