Help me!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by jermsmingy, Sep 9, 2002.

1. jermsmingy macrumors regular

Okay I did a clean install of jaguar on my powerbook. At least one to two times a day when I wake it from sleep the mouse acts funny. It is not uncontrollable, but it moves faster then I have it set to and it moves just a tad past where I wanted it to stop. So if I open the system preferences and click the mouse button the computer freezes. This has happened to me 4 times now. Anyone have any idea what is going on?

2. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

what mouse are you using? I have a Kensington mouse and I installed their Mouseworks software. Without the mouseworks software, the mouse settings would reset themselves to factory default everytime I plug the mouse in. Yours could be a similar problem... or not...

3. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I've had something similar happen once...and I don't think it was because of drivers, because I didn't load them until afterwards.

PBG4 400 and MS Intellimouse.

4. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

This probably isn't the answer but it's fixing everything else so I think it's worth a try.

Start up off the 10.2 cd and open disk utility and repair permissions and run a disk check.

5. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I just did that...so it might fix it...have to wait and see...

6. jermsmingy thread starter macrumors regular

I am using the trackpad

on my powerbook and not an external mouse. I have no idea what the problem is.