HELP!: Mini DVD-R on SuperDrive 105?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by macphoria, Jun 20, 2004.

1. macphoria macrumors 6502a

macphoria

Has any of you worked with Mini DVD-R?

I'm trying to burn movie DVD & data DVD using Memorex Mini DVD-R on SuperDrive 105 and it doesn't seem to work. Is there some compatibility issue I'm not aware of? Does any of you have any suggestions on how I could make it work? Please comment if you have any information. Thanks.

2. Souljas macrumors regular

Im really sorry for going off track here, but do memorex normal 4.7 DVD's work with mac (104-in the iMac)? (i need a cheaper alternative to the Apple disks)

3. macphoria thread starter macrumors 6502a

macphoria

Yes, I have used normal size DVD-R from Memorex. They work just fine. It is strange why mini DVD-R from Memorex isn't working.

4. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Out of interest, what is mini DVD-R? Is it a small 8cm disc (like GameCube discs) or is it just a DVD-R that contains less data (e.g. 1-2GB discs)?

For example, if you have a slot-loading drive, these do not support small discs. I'm probably completely on the wrong track, sorry! :eek: :confused:

5. macphoria thread starter macrumors 6502a

macphoria

Mini DVD-R is 8cm disc and can hold up to 1.4GB. Well at least it is supposed to, if I can get it to work.

6. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

i am think they should work fine. Because my emac has a superdrive and the tray, has a dip in it the right size for mini disks. I have copyed data off of a mini cd before.

7. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Yes, they work fine in the tray Superdrives, but not the slot loaders in the PowerBooks, plus you'll need DVD Studio Pro to set the disc size, I don't think iDVD will burn mini-DVDs.

I've burnt several TDK ones, and they work fine.