Help! Monolingual betrayed me!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ghall, Sep 16, 2006.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I just ran Monolingual to remove PowerPC architectures from my Universal Binaries. Guess what? Now I can't open ANY of my PowerPC only apps. Whould I be able to copy the binaries onto another computer? What could have caused this? Should I report this as a bug?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

It does say in their FAQ that you shouldn't strip the System frameworks if you want Rosetta to remain functional. However, I don't think the folks at Monolingual have done enough to prevent what happened to you from happening. There have been numerous people here at MR who have done the same thing.

I think the only fix is to Archive and Install OS X.

3. Apple2Mac macrumors regular

Apple2Mac

Your going to have to reinstall any affected apps, you can if you have a second computer simply copy the apps over...

4. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

That's just great! I have to do some web work for a client, and I need GoLive CS2! I'm pretty pissed now. Oh well, thanks for the help. I'm gonna try running the combo update, it's worth a shot.

Edit: Just tried it. No go. I guess I'll have to figure something out.

5. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

I reinstalled the system. Now it will only open certain PPC apps, and I had to update to use Safari.

6. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Hello, I don't normally need help this urgently but I do now. I can't run Microsoft Office, and several other PPC apps, but I can run some other PPC apps and I can also open a few UB apps in Rosetta mode.