Help: Multitrack Editor Recomendation

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by DiegoMol, Feb 2, 2007.

1. DiegoMol macrumors newbie

Hello, i am new into mac world, i've been working with PC for 10 years using Sony Vegas Multitrack editor, i need somethin similar to edit wave sound, i don't use midi, witch is the best for mac?

Thanks in advance for your help.-

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

best? arguably PT-HD w/ an icon d-control. but you already knew that, since that's arguably the best on PC, too.

3. bbain macrumors newbie

Best Multi-track editor?

I think that depends on how you like to work and what "best" means. Live 6 is *very* good and I found it pretty intuitive. I don't use much in the way of plug-ins, etc. so I can't speak to that side of it. If you're more of a "roll your own" kind of person, Ardour is pretty interesting and offers a whole lot of functionality for $0 (it's open-source). It's currently in version 2 beta, and, like a lot of open source projects, the documentation lags behind the coding. Because of that, the learning curve can be steep as you kind of have to figure out a lot of things yourself. Can't beat the price, though. :)

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

hang on, he said he wanted the best for waveform editing. it has to be on a mac, so that rules out Radar and Sequoia. of PT, DP, Logic, GB and Cubase, all of which i've used, i say that PT is hands-down the best at waveform editing. haven't used Live, i'll admit.

PT-HD has more editing features than either LE or M, so it's gotta be that. for his purposes, PT-HD is the best software, and digi's icon is the best hardware for it.

imho, of course.

5. scottlinux macrumors 6502a

scottlinux

Yeah if you don't use midi, Pro Tools is the king for audio.

6. bbain macrumors newbie

Waveform Editor

I haven't used PT recently, since I was in the Windoze/Sonar world until last year, but a lot of people use it, so PT HD might well be the way to go.

One comment about Live is that there's a downloadable demo that does everything but save or export, so the OP can pretty well try it out before commiting $$.

Bill Bain
    Atlanta