Help! my destop picture wont stop changing!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CellarDoor, Nov 29, 2006.

1. CellarDoor macrumors member

CellarDoor

This is bizarre, not sure what to do to resolve this problem, and nothings turning up on my searches. I have a 2.13 c2d mbp connected to an external 22 inch monitor.

The other day I was messing around with some background images and made it rotate the images in 'nature,' with 'every five seconds' checked. After a few minutes it seemed to get stuck on those images. ever since, every time I invoke monitor spanning, the secondary screen is flipping through 'nature.' it's driving me nuts!

it does it whether the rotate images box is checked or not

when I try to change the background image it goes to that one, and then 5 seconds later immediately begins flipping through 'nature.'

Also, there isn't any fade, it just goes right to the next one, which indicates to me... eh not sure what.

I just tested something. When I put it on another folder of images to rotate every five seconds to, it does something weird. one of the black and white images fades in, one second goes by, and then a nature pops in with no fade, then five seconds from the original fade in, it fades to another black and white image, then repeating the cycle.

Anybody have any ideas? I'm going to zap the pram now...

Thanks!

2. CellarDoor thread starter macrumors member

CellarDoor

Sorry guys I really hate to do this, but I'm bumping myself. I'm really at a lost, and I'd really appreciate it if anybody threw in some ideas...

3. Queso macrumors G4

I'm trying to recreate the behaviour on my PowerBook. What happens if you move the ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.desktop.plist file to the trash and try and delete it? Does it let you?

4. CellarDoor thread starter macrumors member

CellarDoor

That fixed it. Stupid me, I forgot to try to oldest and best trick in the book. thanks a lot!

5. Adamo macrumors 6502