Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
I used a seagate external harddrive for my intel imac which i sold and backed up pics music photos. I just plugged in the seagate into my new Macbook Pro but the external harddrive won't mount and i try to push the front button to turn it off and it won't eve turn off! i have to unplug the cord to force and turn it off!!! what the hell is going on someone please help me!! i've had it plugged in for the last half and hour!

mac000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
ok so i am running my macbook pro clamshell now, it i have a external harddrive dvi display a usb keyboard receiver ethernet cable speaker cable and the power cable plugged in. and it won't mount. but when i plug it into my gf's macbook the external harddrive does mount and all the information is there , wtf is the problem

mac000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
wtf somebody please help, each time i switch from the mbp to the macbook it mounts on the mb but not the mbp after taking out the power cord and mounting it fresh.;....:mad: :confused: :eek: :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.