HELP!!!! my mac died an error happens

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fazz33, Nov 7, 2003.

1. fazz33 macrumors newbie

Nov 7, 2003
    can someone help im new here and i really need help my mac has died, when i went to turn on my mac an error happend :confused: it sayed

Panic (cpu0) : unable to find driver for this platform : "powermac 4,1"?

on the first line

then it says "back trace" and a bunch of numbers

then it says "no debugger configured - dumping debugging information"
    now it says " sat jan 9 11:12:40 pdt, blah blah" then it says more stuff

oh and i have a iMac 700mhz 512megs ram, 60gig hd, ati rage 128 16mg and mac OS 9, and X

plz help
  2. FredAkbar macrumors 6502a

Jan 18, 2003
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Hmm, this could be tricky. The thing I don't like about the flat-panel iMacs is that it's very tricky to get the CD-drive open. But if you have a standard Apple keyboard then you could try holding F12 after you turn it on. I say this because you'd need to get the CD drive open in order to try booting from a system CD, which is what I'd recommend you do. (If you do manage to get the drive open, put in the CD and hold down the C key as the computer starts up.)

I think I had this happen to me once. It was my fault, and just a system software issue, nothing bad with the hardware.

Or if you have OS 9 on a separate disk or disk partition, you could hold down Option after you turn on the computer (again, you'll need a standard Apple keyboard, I'm not sure a Logitech one or anything will work because of drivers and such). If you can do this it will give you a blue screen ane let you choose between an OS 9 and OS X install. Choose the OS 9 one and that should boot okay. But if it only gives you one choice then that won't work :(

Note: if your computer was made in 2003 then this OS 9 boot won't work anyway, so disregard that option.

I hope that was clear. Good luck.
  3. fazz33 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 7, 2003
  4. fazz33 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 7, 2003

your information was great u saved my mac!!! THX