Help, my Mac is freaking out!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by blueflame, Mar 29, 2005.

1. blueflame macrumors 6502a

Apr 3, 2003
    Studio City
    I don know what is going on, but i restarted my computer and it took like 15 minutes, ive tried restarting like 5 times, takes honestly 15 minutes, I went through and repaired permissions, nothing. The entire computer is dragging to the point of unusable. I have 1.5 gigs of ram, so i should be fine with that and I am running the latest everything. It truely came out of nowhere, any suggestions?
  2. iadame@sbcgloba macrumors newbie

Mar 29, 2005
    Freakin out MAC

Hey dude,

Get a copy of DiskWarrior 3.0.2 insert the cd. At the startup chime hold the OPTION key until a the startup screen comes up, here you will select the Utility CD not your HDD, once you select click the arrow key. This will make your Startup Disk to be the CD. Follow the instructions. Next Select to Rebuilt HDD this will replace your Volume directory and boot directory that are damaged. Do not save the file, when it ask to do so. after this is done just restart your mac, and it should make an improvement, unless your HDD just went bad.
  3. Preacher85 macrumors member

Nov 21, 2004
    Vermillion, SD
    S.M.A.R.T. Status

Here's a way to check if your Hard Drive went bad. Go to the Utilities folder in Applications. Open Disk Utility and select the hard drive. At the bottom of the window should be a category called S.M.A.R.T. Status. It should say Verified. If it says anything else, your disk is near death.