Help my nephew & get all my WU for a month. (2-3k PPD)

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by pvong, Sep 6, 2006.

1. pvong macrumors newbie

We're all doing this because it's fun and also because we know we are doing something good. I'm hoping this community will help me do something good for my nephew. My sister and her husband entered into a contest and they can win $10,000 scholarship money for their child. They make very little money on a yearly basis and I'm trying to help them win this contest so their son can have a shot at college.

Please vote for him at:
    http://www.evenflo.com/tabid/210/photoType/ViewPhoto/PhotoID/7448/ContestID/5/Default.aspx

You can only vote once a day in 24 hour sessions and voting ends on September 15th. So if you voted at 10am today, you can not vote again till 10 am tomorrow. The site will keep track of your IP so you can not vote more than once from the same computer. If you have multiple IPs, please vote more.

What am I offering?
    If he wins, I will give you all my WU for a month. I produce between 2000 and 3000 PPD for my team. Before you bash me for being on a different team, I promise if my nephew wins and you are picked, I will vote for this team. No matter what team we're on, we're just trying to help people out or we wouldn't be folding in the first place.
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=11108

If you don't want my WUs for the month, thanks for voting. If you want my WUs if he wins, please say so the first time you vote for my nephew and make sure to give me your folding name. If he wins, I will let my sister randomly pick an ID and that person will get all my WU for the month.

Please post every time you vote. I want my sister to see people are supporting her.

REMEMBER, YOU CAN VOTE ONCE A DAY. Even better if you put it on your electric calendar to remind you everyday until September 15th.

Just so everyone will know, I'm also asking and offering my WU to other teams. I hope people here will not mind me asking other teams to help do something nice. At the end if he wins, I will vote for someone no matter what team he/she is on.

Thanks for being kind!

Thanks and let's keep folding.

pvong

---------------------------------------------------
    Below are the list of people interested in getting my WU for a month:

Dreadnought
    redeye be

---------------------------------------------------------

2. jamesmcd macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

I have to ask... What is a WU? (besides a Chinese dialect)

3. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

4. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

5. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

6. pvong thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks folks! Please keep voting. I think it's wonderful you people are willing to help someone less fortunate.

7. pvong thread starter macrumors newbie

I've had several people telling me from other teams that it's not fair that only one person on one team will benefit for helping my nephew and I say that person is right. I'm changing my offer. One person will get all my WU for a month, and if my nephew wins, each team with at least one vote will also get all my WU for a month. Basically if my nephew wins, this team is already guaranteed to get my 80k+ points for a month.

Thanks everyone and keep voting.

8. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Just voted! If redeye votes, then I will vote as well! Can't have him win and get those points!! I need them more then him, so I can overtake him once more!!! :D

9. pvong thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks folks. Don't forget, you have to state that you want my Work Unit (WU) when you vote or I just assume you're just helping me out but are not interested in the points. From what I gather, only Dreadnought is interested in the points. He/she is now added to the list to receive my WU if I win.

Thanks and keep folding!

10. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

easy. voted. all ur WU r belong to us :p

maybe ull join our team afterwards cuz we're so awesome

11. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

12. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

Hey, Ho!

If Dreadnought is signing up for free WUs, so am I. I feel sorry for the guy and his painfully low output, but still.

voted again (edit:) and again

:p

13. camomac macrumors 6502a

camomac

14. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

I presume it stands for: Work Unit, in relation to folding proteins.

Hence, Folding@Home, using your computer, to basically help find a cure for cancer.

MacRumors team number: 3446

15. pvong thread starter macrumors newbie

redeye be - you are added to the list of getting my WU.

Sounds like you and Dreadnought have a personal contest. Good luck to both of you.

Keep the votes coming.

16. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

17. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

GRRRR, also voted again! I will get you!!! And thanks pvong for putting me on the #1 spot on your list! :D

18. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I would like those WU...i voted my username is macman64

19. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

20. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

21. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Voted.

I'm passing the link onto all the ''I want a Baby, I'd make a great Mother/Awww Babies are great!" chicks on my MSN.

Good Luck!