help! my PB foot. . .

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by wPod, Sep 17, 2004.

1. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

I moved my 12" PB across the table yesterday and one of the feet got cought on the table and came off :-( now when I type I feel like I am typing in a rocking chair! What can I do? I have an external keyboard when I am at my apt but when I am away from my desk (like downstairs streaming music to my airport express) I am all lopsided. I tried to put the foot back on but it didn't stay. Should I amputate the others? Or walk around with a quarter in my pocket so I can put that under the corner? Heh. . . I said that as a joke just now, but a quarter fits very nicely! Any ideas?

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Don't amputate the others. You can get replacement feet from applecare (I think they charge you $5 or so), or I believe Radio Shack also sells them. If you're near an Apple Store, I hear they sometimes have mercy on you and give you replacements for free.

3. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I too have this problem at the momenet. Try checking out www.pbparts.com if you want to get one for $5.

I am going to try the apple store, or maybe an Apple retailer. Maybe on of the displays will have one that "Fell off"

4. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :mad: I checked on their prices... Stay away. $29 for the ram door! Apple only charges $6.25! They want $29 for the foot kit. Apple only charges $5 per foot (total $20). As previously mentioned, they will sometimes replace free. They are even overcharging for the cable mini DVI to DVI adaptor kit! Call Apple, go to your Apple store, find a Mac Media store, something.

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

agreed

I just checked out the sight I mentioned, and It looks like you canonly but 4 feet for $30. What a rip. Well $5 is as well, but at least its less of a rip off.

They used to sell just the feet in the site for $5 most of realized Apple was sellin for the same price, and decided to jack up the prices.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I always knew it was $5 for feet, but as I've never lost any feet, I hadn't really looked into it, so I didn't know the details. I had always thought that $5 was a rip-off --- $5 for 4 feet? Insane!!! :eek:

But now that I know its $5 per foot, you can only guess what I'm thinking now... :rolleyes:

I'd get an alternative from a hardware store. Even those soft cushions that you place at the bottom of the legs of chairs to prevent them from scratching hardwood flooring would work well. I'd get that. I don't care how much money you make. Paying $20-$30 for feet is completely moronic. And I'm thinking in Canadian or Australian dollars. With US dollars, it seems even more stupid.

If you have that much money to blow on 4 rubber feet, get something cheaper and please donate the rest to charity. :eek:

7. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

I've lost all 4 feet off my rev a 17" PB, the Applestore want £15UK for a replacement set, and I thought that was a bit steep, since then I have discovered the joys of LaCie HD case feet, clean the PB case properly and they stick really well, however, they do get a bit wobbly when the case gets warm.

8. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

Ive glued a penny on the corner of my iBook when i lost my feet... Painted it white to match as well.

9. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

just use superglue and put it back on.

also, i'd pry others off and glue them back using a stronger glue. the glue seem to deteriorate at a fairly similar rate - if one foot is coming off, others may soon follow.

10. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

I tried to....erh...help one fall of in a shop, but too darn difficult :rolleyes: I'm wondering now if the shop put some super duper glue on their display pb's 'cause this seem to be a very common prob...

A

11. wPod thread starter macrumors 68000

wPod

i still have the original foot, maybe i should just glue it back on. but using a quarter is cheapr than paying $5 for a new foot. maybe theyll give me a free one at the apple store, they are usually nice to me (especially the one that the manager recognizes me at . . . not that i stop by there toooo often O:) )

12. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

just glue it on. That $29 kit include a little tube of it, so that's what they use.