Help! My PB17 internal screen died

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by filipp, Aug 27, 2003.

1. filipp macrumors regular

Good morning to all.
    I'm not sure it's a good morning for me since I cannot get my 17 alubook to use the internal screen. I've been working on the internal only yesterday just fine, but when I would start working this morning, the screen would not show anything. I connected an external CRT to it and it started acting main display.

Now I can only use the external display and when I "detect displays" it only finds the CRT. The mirror button doesnt do anything and it's not the brightness set to off on the LCD.

I dunno what's wrong with it, I tried to restart a few times with no luck, it just keeps black until I plug in the CRT, and then it only uses that one.

If anybody of you out there knows something to fix this please let me know

thanks in advance
    / filipp

2. filipp thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, this is the weirdest thing...
    After command-alt-p-r the display was still black, so I was going to call the reseller to get me a replacement, but suddenly after another restart, the screen came back to life!
    Woohooo!

I still dont know what happened but at least I can continue working towords deadline next week.

/ filipp

3. iPC macrumors 6502

iPC

I would call them and ask if they have heard of the problem before, just in case.

Glad it came back though, that is cool. :D

4. jzieske macrumors regular

I would still bring the PB to an Apple Store or local reseller to have them look at it and at least get the problem on the record so if it happens again or after warrenty runs out they will still fix as it was a problem while still covered.

5. filipp thread starter macrumors regular

You guys are right!
    This just did not seem right, so I probably should have it checked just in case, and for the warranty in future.

thanks for the piece of advice
    / filipp