Help....my songs quit part way through!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by BIS2, Dec 4, 2005.

1. BIS2 macrumors regular

I've noticed that a few of the songs in my library will not play completely. They stop part way through, just like they had ended, and move on to the next one. I know the files are complete because if I drag the marker for how much time is left in the song (sorry if there is a technical term for this I don't know) past the quit point, the song will keep playing. But on its own, it won't play past that point.

Has anyone else had this problem? What should I do to fix it? Do I need to reimport the songs from the CDs or what?

Thanks.

2. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

panoz7

Try clicking get info for the songs and then look under options and see if a stop time got set by accident. I've set stop times on a couple of songs intentionally and I think that's what has probably happened to you.

3. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Happens to me, too, and I haven't tinkered with anything.

5. DMPDX macrumors 6502

This had happened to me on occasion as well. I did however discover that the songs that did this were songs that were ilegally downloaded. Is this the case with any of you?

6. funkychunkz macrumors 6502a

funkychunkz

I noticed this on one of my songs after mass converting 1500 songs to AAC. It's weird. "Shared" song.