Help My Wife Is Gonna Kill Me

Discussion in 'iPod' started by skoht, Nov 15, 2005.

1. skoht macrumors newbie

I just bought her and IPOD 30G Video... I have NO idea what i just said by that i am quite IPOD a phobic. I bought it for her so i can get her 3000 songs, which she downloaded off of LIMEWIRE (We're bad people), off my computer...

But all the songs come warbled... i imagine theres encoding ( I have no idea what that means ) and I imagine there is a way to play these files on her ipod but i am stupid.

Before she kills me for spending 400 bucks... could some one PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me...

In Lay-Mans terms how do i make it possible to used these files.
    i thank you

2. pretentious macrumors regular

pretentious

Win or Mac?

Did you install the software on the CD?

The CD should have installed iTunes, just move the folder where you hold all of your music on to iTunes. Most stuff you find on Limewire/Emule are in mp3 so it shouldn't be a prob. Depending upon the well encoded the music is they should have all the music information included.
    Next when you plug in your new iPod it should atomatically update your iPod with all that is in your iTunes library.

Check out these sites
    http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/
    http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/

It's really easy! Don't Panic:)

3. gammamonk macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

So you imported your songs into iTunes? If they're mp3, they should play just fine. WMA's have to be converted of course, but iTunes takes care of that (so I'm told, I would never touch a WMA).

Also, if you're playing say 64kbs wma files, they're going so sound like ass on an ipod. Thru crappy PC speakers, you can't tell... But iPods have great sound reproduction.

Could you describe your problem a little more?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Only the Windows version of iTunes AFAIK converts WMAs to normal file types. :)

5. colocolo macrumors 6502

You spent 400 bucks on a 30 gig iPod? She should kill you.

RIP

6. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Ah, the pitfalls of downloading music illegally!
    Poor quality, varying bitrates, different encoding, varying volume levels and many others.
    My suggestion - rip all of her (and/or your) CDs into iTunes and sync these to the ipod. AAC 128 (under preferences>advanced>importing) is good enough for most people (and good enough for the music store). Then see if these tracks exhibit the same properties.

P.S. $400?! If you'd bought direct from Apple it's $299 for a 30GB and you get free laser engraving!

7. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

Canadian $$$ ???

Maybe Skoht's Canadian? 30-Gig video iPods cost $400 here. But we get free healthcare and the government gives everybody a new Covette when we turn 16, so it all evens out in the end. ;)

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Hmm, apple.com/au says that direct from them it's $449.

People live in other countries you know.

9. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

They do?

j/k But I have to admit I thought the same thing. It's automatic to me since that is the currency/pricing I'm use to.

10. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Wow! Dude! Are you sure we are not married to the same woman??:eek:

Anyway, calm down and go slowly. I'm sure you are just missing one of the instructions.