Help - Need App for Invite Mailer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fireworks501, Jan 23, 2007.

1. fireworks501 macrumors member

Mar 16, 2006
    Hi all,

I need some help. I am sending an email blast out for Fashion Week NY to a select list of clients, but need a program that can help me automate the process -

Perhaps email one-by-one, or email all from a list (I have the emails in Excel right now) - with the distribution list hidden?

Is there a way I can prevent people from forwarding the message? Was thinking of using a JPEG attachment but is that more doable if I use an HTML email? (What program could I use to mail that with?)

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    There are a bunch on versiontracker...[]=macosx&sourceid=Mozilla-search

But also, is it an option to simply put the clients in your contacts program (e.g. Address Book or Entourage), put them all into a group within the program, and then BCC to the group? You can just put yourself in the To field, or leave it blank. When you put everyone else in the BCC field, they get the e-mail, but they do not see the distribution list (only know that they themselves got it).

I don't know of any way of preventing people from forwarding the message. If you want to use pictures, you probably want HTML. Which means probably using Entourage instead of Apple's Mail.