Help need computer what computer!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yoshiii, Jan 19, 2007.

1. yoshiii macrumors member

Hello

I have about 500 dollars to spend on a Mac. I was looking at a old g4 and upgrade to a 1ghz processor and get a decent video card and flash it for use.
    Or the Mac mini. I dont want the Mac mini because of the weak video card.

Will the G4 with the upgrade be ok for now? I will be doing Photoshop/Illustrator stuff, Garageband 06, Imovie, Idvd, and some 2d animation software.

What does everyone suggest? I want to be able to play Warcraft 3, WOW, and Diablo 2 and do some Apeture stuff on it.

Help!

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I personally feel that you want to do too many things on a computer that would only be $500. Also, I don't think you can upgrade processors and video cards.

Aperture will only run on:
    Mac Pro; Power Mac G5 with 1.6GHz or faster PowerPC G5 processor; MacBook Pro; MacBook; 15- or 17-inch PowerBook G4 with 1.25GHz or faster PowerPC G4 processor; Mac mini with Intel Core Solo or Intel Core Duo processor; iMac with 1.8GHz or faster PowerPC G5 or Intel Core Duo processor

3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

You can't get much of a Mac for $500...I don;t think WOW would really run on what you are talking about. Anyway you could save some more money first? That would be your best bet.

4. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

If you have a monitor already, your options are much better. If you don't, you might want to see if you can snag an old G5 iMac.