HELP: Need Default Settings for "Planetarium" synth!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jodeo, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Jodeo macrumors member

Jodeo

Can someone post (here) a screen capture of the settings for the GB software synth, "Planetarium"? Since Apple in the infinite (looping) wisdom didn't allow for digital parameters ("Dig these sliders, BAY-BEE!!!") I'll need a visual reference.

I tweaked the settings and forgot to SAVE AS a different instrument name. Most synths won't keep tweaks UNLESS you save; GB saves them anyway. Ouchie wouchie woo-woo.

Oh, and I'm running X.2.8 w/768MB and 250GB HD (150GB available... but not free).

ALSO:
    When I launch GarageBand or open another (or new) song, I get the following error message (which does NOT appear on any other apps):

Some Text Fonts are missing or not displayable, you dolt.
    You can replace fonts globally in the Text Style Window, moron.

(Okay, so I added a the colorful metaphors.)

I did install the FontCard haxie but have since deactivated it in the prefs. (How can I remove it and APE Manage from system preferences, anyway?)

I DO have Times and Helvetica installed and active, and I DON'T have over 300 fonts installed as Apple suggests may be the problem.

2. craigiest macrumors member

Here you go, first part

[hmm, that didn't work. I took the screen shots. If you want to email me (macrumors@writinglab.net) I'll send you the pdfs.]

3. Jodeo thread starter macrumors member

Jodeo

Thanks Craigiest, but...

I found out that changes to synths are only stored in the song.

Thus, by creating a new song, the defaults are reset. I was able to get the settings back by creating a new song and copying the presets.