Help need software that will allow me to resize photos by inches

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by da2005pizimp, Mar 1, 2007.

1. da2005pizimp macrumors 6502

Hey everyone, i have a PC and a Mac. I mainly use the PC as it's my family computer. I bought two programs for photos trying to resize my photos to a certain size. I even went down to my local ritz camera in the mall and had them resize the photos for me. I thought i was doing good and when i got home i scanned them into the computer and tried to print them on quilting paper and it printed the original size not the size i had scanned them in at. Now i'm frustrated as hell as this is for my mom and i'm trying to help her out. Basically I need a software that will allow me to resize photos to a 5x5 so my mom can make a cool custom quilt. It can run on windows or mac it doesn't matter. I also don't want to spend 500 on the newest and most awesome software i just want a basic photo program that i can resize in inches and not pixels or percentage. Any help is VERY greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

photoshop?...hmmm i'm not sure of one that isn't expensive...I think there is a free program for mac that does the same kinda stuff and its free

3. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Yeah, photoshop. Go to Image, then select Image Size. Just enter the dimensions you want.

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

The free alternative is Gimpshop. Just Google for it, pretty good actually. Just make sure you have installed X11 off your Mac OS X DVD first.

5. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

thats what it was ^ gimpshop...i knew i saw it or something like it before..just forgot what it was called

6. da2005pizimp thread starter macrumors 6502

well what kind of specs are needed to run that? i'm currently using a graphite 466mhz clamshell ibook. Also will have about 20 of these for sale soon <----- free plugg for me :) . but will something like that run gimpshop?