Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brize

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
Europe
I'd like to buy four CDs from Concord Music in California, but they won't ship outside of the United States. :rolleyes: Frustratingly, the CDs aren't available through Amazon or any other online vendors, and I've tried to purchase some of them from eBay with no luck - one seller provided a refund after four weeks claiming that the item wasn't in stock, and the other outright scammed me.

So, I was wondering whether any of you kind folks could help me out? The total cost for the four CDs including US shipping would be $46, so I'd transfer that amount up front by PayPal plus your estimated cost for onward shipping to the UK, which I can top up later if necessary.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could help. :)

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
Brize said:
I'd like to buy four CDs from Concord Music in California, but they won't ship outside of the United States. :rolleyes: Frustratingly, the CDs aren't available through Amazon or any other online vendors, and I've tried to purchase some of them from eBay with no luck - one seller provided a refund after four weeks claiming that the item wasn't in stock, and the other outright scammed me.

So, I was wondering whether any of you kind folks could help me out? The total cost for the four CDs including US shipping would be $46, so I'd transfer that amount up front by PayPal plus your estimated cost for onward shipping to the UK, which I can top up later if necessary.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could help. :)

how about telling us which 4 CD's? There might be some other place in the US that will ship globally and would have them in stock...

Brize

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
Europe
iSaint said:
Have you tried calling Concord to see if they would work out something for you?

I have, yes. Needless to say, they weren't interested.

beatsme said:
how about telling us which 4 CD's? There might be some other place in the US that will ship globally and would have them in stock...

Good call - see links below. Do bear in mind that I'm specifically looking for the 20-bit remastered versions, because the sound quality of the regular versions is invariably suspect on this particular label. Further, some vendors list the CDs as in stock or available for backorder, but can't obtain them for some reason - I had this problem with a couple of Amazon marketplace sellers. Despite this, Concord have confirmed that the discs are in stock and available to order direct.

Miles Davis - Steamin'
Chet Baker - In New York
Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus
Cannonball Adderley - Know What I Mean

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Brize said:
I have, yes. Needless to say, they weren't interested.

Good call - see links below. Do bear in mind that I'm specifically looking for the 20-bit remastered versions, because the sound quality of the regular versions is invariably suspect on this particular label. Further, some vendors list the CDs as in stock or available for backorder, but can't obtain them for some reason - I had this problem with a couple of Amazon marketplace sellers. Despite this, Concord have confirmed that the discs are in stock and available to order direct.

Miles Davis - Steamin'
Chet Baker - In New York
Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus
Cannonball Adderley - Know What I Mean

PM me (which is used as a helpful reminder). I'll check it all out and could probably order them for you. Of course you pay shipping, paypal fees etc right?

Brize

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
Europe
jessica. said:
PM me (which is used as a helpful reminder). I'll check it all out and could probably order them for you. Of course you pay shipping, paypal fees etc right?

Thanks Jessica - that's very kind of you. Yes, I'd cover all shipping costs and any other expenses.

PM sent.

Brize

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
Europe
skubish said:
barnesandnoble.com has some on them and they will ship to Europe.
They are a well known bookseller in the US.

Thanks for your post, skubish. I had a look for each of the titles on barnesandnoble.com, but drew a blank. They have the regular releases (as do most other vendors), but not the 20-bit versions.

Brize

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
Europe
Just a quick note of thanks to jessica. for helping me out with this - cheers Jess. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.