HELP NEEDED - I need to produce a pdf that works like a website!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kunihirodestro, Sep 21, 2006.

1. kunihirodestro macrumors newbie

I need to produce a pdf, with links etc. I more or less know how to do this with the help of links and buttons within acrobat.

However I've been told there's a way to hide the pages that aren't being viewed, so that you only ever see one page at a time from the binder of pdfs. So when you receive the file it basically works like a mini website using back home foward buttons.

Can anyone put me on the right track and tell me what software or how I may be able to do this in Acrobat - I just don't want the clutter of having several pages on screen at the same time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Why not just create a simple website? I didn't think .pdf's were designed with this kind of purpose in mind.. then again I could be mistaken. ;)

3. kunihirodestro thread starter macrumors newbie

i'd like to send my work out in an easy to read pdf.
    The smaller the file size the better too.

4. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

That's not really what PDFs are intended for. I know you can "link" to different parts of a document, but I've never done that myself.

Does this thing need to have a very specific look with things that you can't easily do with a website? Why not just make a website and put it in a ZIP or something?

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

It's easy to do with Acrobat Pro, adding buttons, fields and links to parts of the document and the web. Have done it many times... one limitation is that you can't stop people flipping through the pages consecutively with the keyboard like a normal document, although you can make it less obvious to the lay-user.

What you need to do is to hide the toolbars, menu and window controls under:
    Document Properties>Initial View>User Interface Options

You can also set the document to open in full-screen mode at a specific magnification in that same dialogue box as well.