Help Needed with Making an Installation Disc

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ScarletRed, Jul 7, 2006.

1. ScarletRed macrumors regular

ScarletRed

Hello. I am new to Mac. I recently purchased a brand new MacBook Pro and I've grown quite attached to it. Although I am doing my best to learn as much as I can about the Mac OS X, I still have some unresolved issues. One of these is that the purchased laptop with lot of other extra softwares such as Adobe CS2 Premium, iWork'06, ...etc. These are full versions and not trials. But the seller did not include the installation discs for these softwares.

My fear is that one of these days I may end up having to reload everything from scratch (OS X and everything) on mIs there anyway I can create an installation disc from full version of installed programs?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Who sold you the laptop. They must include all installation discs so maybe talk to them about getting reimbursed somehow. :)

3. ScarletRed thread starter macrumors regular

ScarletRed

I bought it on ebay. The brand new MacBook Pro in my sig came with extra softwares which the seller included. She didn't have to include them but she did. And everything for only $2599.00. No tax because it was out of state. And no shipping and handling charge.

So as you can see, I can't (or I shouldn't rather) ask for reimbursement.

So back to the original question, is there a way to create an installation disc from a full version of installed software?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I don't think the licence has carried over to your machine, especially if she's still using these apps on her new machine. If she's not using them then I'm sure she wouldn't mind providing you with the discs.

MacRumors has a pretty stringent anti-piracy policy so I hope you can understand why nobody has told you how to make an install disc yet. :)

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Typical sale for which you shouldn't have taken the pre-loaded software into account in the purchase price.

No disc and manuals = no sale of software (aka, no transfer of actual ownership)

Either the seller forgot, or never intended to include the software in the sale.