Help networking two epson printers?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by munckee, Feb 6, 2007.

1. munckee macrumors 65816

Oct 27, 2005
    I have an older epson 1280 (the off-white version, not the newer silver one) and a new-ish epson C86. I'd like to, if possible, set them up to print wirelessly over our apartment network so that my roommate and I can each print to them from across the room. We already have a linksys wireless router up and running.

Can anyone explain what exactly I need to do to set this up? Are my printers even able to be networked in this manner? If so, am I missing anything that needs to be purchased, or is just a setup issue? Any help would be much appreciated!

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Mar 30, 2005
    Get a USB printserver.
  3. rogersmj macrumors 68020

Sep 10, 2006
    Indianapolis, IN
    There are devices you can buy, like a USB print server, that will allow you to hook your printers into them and then hook that device into your router. With normal (non-network) printers, that's pretty much your only option. However, if you want both printers to be hooked up to the network like that, then you'll need to buy two devices.
  4. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

Oct 27, 2005
    Thanks. Once I've got them hooked up to the router, what other setup is involved in terms of software or anything like that?
  5. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

Oct 27, 2005
    Does "multi-port" mean that I could use it to hook up more than one printer with just one USB print server?