HELP! Noisy MPB Battery!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nanaki, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Nanaki macrumors member

My MBP Core Duo is about 8 months old now, and the battery has been getting noisier every day. When I disconnect the power, the noise ceases (and all is right in the world), but when connected, there's a high pitched squeal/squeak that is driving me crazy. What to do!? Has this happened to anyone before?

I tried searching this topic in the forums and on google, but all I could come up with was MBP fan squeaks, etc. And this is not related. Please help!

2. madog macrumors 65816

madog

If the Battery.... with no moving parts whatsoever is making NOISE then you should unplug it, toss it in a trash can and run away from the imminent explosion.

Maybe it's something that's covered under the battery exchange program. Check out apple.com/support. [on the right side there is a repair/exchange program link somewhere].

Maybe it's a fan or something... or the battery connector to the machine is faulty and for some odd reason making noise but there really shouldn't be anything like that comming from a battery. Ever.

3. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

4. Nanaki thread starter macrumors member

Ok...

Thanks for your help... I've come to the conclusion that it is:

*NOT the battery itself (this battery isn't part of that recall either :( )
    *NOT the fans whatsoever (I've got SMCFancontrol anyway)

I beieve it may actually be the MAG SAFE POWER SUPPLY now. Has anyone else with a CD MBP had this problem? The sound is very high pitched & sometimes faint. It's definitely either coming from the Mag Safe Power Supply (at the head where the red/green light is) or from where that connects to the MBP itself. Can anyone help???