Help on Adium and also Firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LadyWI, Jan 9, 2007.

1. LadyWI macrumors newbie

I have two problems...not related. I would really appreciate any help on these problems if possible:

First..I have Adium. It is a nice chat service except for one problem: If I'm chatting with someone, and I get a chat invite, what I'm typing in the IM..seems to cancel out the chat invite. It seems to self reject before I can do anything about it.

What can be done to change that?

Second..with Firefox..actually..with any browser program I seem to use..Java tends to..not work. For example..yahoo chats won't open, and other chat locations using the browser..well..Java just..doesn't seem to work..I can't join a chatroom. I believe this has to be a problem on my computer, but not sure what.

Please help?

For the record, I'm using OS X 10.4.8.

2. LadyWI thread starter macrumors newbie

3. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Hmm ... in iChat, a chat invite usually is accepted when you write something back. Don't know if it's the same way in Adium but that's what I'm thinking it is.

As for the Java problem, make sure that Java is enabled in all your browser preferences first.

You can also try installing Java 5 for OS 10.4. After installing, find "Java Preferences" with Spotlight and run it. On the Use Version button, selece J2SE 5.0.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

1. type in address bar "about:plugins" and enter to check if u have java plugin there

2. i though yahoo chatroom for webpage access has been removed already? give me a link plz.