Help on buying MacBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mr. MacBook, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Mr. MacBook macrumors 6502

Jeez, i need a MacBook like hell... my hp PC keeps freezin and "not responding"

Im sick of restarting, but PCs are hella cheap.

Im looking for a good MacBook. Any GHz, but for a cheaper price than the refurbished ones at Apple. I dont care if its core duo, core 2 duo, White Or Black, as long as its cheaper than the $949 they have on the refurb 1.83GHz core 2 duo they have on apple website.

PLEASE

2. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Well, you do get what you pay for ya know. ;)

Keep an eye on Apple's refurb site each day as the stock there changes almost daily. When the Core Duo models are available, they're obviously less expensive than the C2D models. They start at $799 if my memory serves me correctly. That's about as good as it gets anywhere these days for an Intel based Mac notebook.

3. Mr. MacBook thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha yeah, but apparently core duo has a big difference than 2 duo.
    Hoping to get the 2 GHz core duo

4. Mr. MacBook thread starter macrumors 6502

5. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

Here's a crazy idea, why don't you go and do a search on ebay?

6. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

That's crazy talk. I think he should start another thread asking about eBay pricing.

7. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

I know. I got a reputation for thinking outside the box.

8. mashinhead macrumors 68020

now your sn just seems premature. and no one wants to be premature now do they.

Cha-Ching.

9. jessep28 macrumors 6502

jessep28

I myself am looking at a Refurb. If you can stand not having a brand spanking new laptop, that is the way to go.

10. EngBrian macrumors regular

I am not trying come accross as rude but you originally said you would want "Any GHz, but for a cheaper price than the refurbished ones at Apple. I dont care if its core duo, core 2 duo, White Or Black" and then as soon as someone suggests that the core duo refurbs are cheap you say 2ghz core duo. So if you want help...what exactly are you looking for?

11. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

We all want something for nothing, but your best bet is a $799 refurb from apple.

The jump from 1.83 to 2.0 is minimal.

12. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Agree, the most important difference is a combo vs super drive on both CD and C2D MBs and 0.5 vs 1 GB RAM on C2D MBs

13. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

I got the distinct hint he doesn't want to pay even that much, but there simply aren't any "hella cheap" (meaning $599? $499?) MacBooks out there.

I'm not trying to be rude either, but like I said originally, you get what you pay for. When you don't pay much for that hella cheap PC notebook, you also have to live with the system freezes and other problems that go along with it. That's precisely why they are so cheap.