Help on Cutting Jumpers eMac OC

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by wowza, May 10, 2006.

1. wowza macrumors newbie

Ok, I am not sure how much I should cut off the jumpers, should I just cut off the little green square like I did in this pic? Or do I need to remove the whole metal connectors? (I was cutting 2nd from the left)

[​IMG]

Note, the 1st, 4th and 5th counting left to right are touching, the 3rd one isn't

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Oi. Braver than me. My answer would be -- none of them for fear of commiting Macicide...

3. wowza thread starter macrumors newbie

lol, well, I stripped this compy all the way down, so I figured I would have to do something. :) Otherwise it would be an embarrassment to put it back together without doing anything.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

#2 seems to be closed with solder right? Your handiwork? Personally I think I would have added a fine wire instead of a solder bridge. (Easier to remove if needed).

You shouldn't have to remove all the metal, but you do want to make sure the gap you create will withstand any voltage accross the gap, if you make the ones you want open like #3 with a nice wide gap you should be fine.

B

5. wowza thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't do the soldering, it was there, and I am cutting it off. I guess I got it all off, man takes a lot of force in a single area. I didn't slip so I guess I'm good (for now). Now the long process of putting this thing back together :(

Later, If this works, I will do that wire trick, but for now, I need to test the small OC that I put on (700MHz --> 900MHz)

6. wowza thread starter macrumors newbie

humm, I think I killed my eMac. When I plug it into the wall, I hear a small hiss sound (comming from the motherboard), but when I go to turn it on, nothing happens. I might have killed my motherboard, but I'm not sure. :confused: Any ideas on what to do now?